The Admission Process
How to Get Started
Arrangements for admission to ContinueCARE Hospital at Medical Center must be made by your physician, case managers or family members. Once a referral is made, a Clinical Liaison (a clinical evaluator) will visit the family to discuss hospital services, evaluate the patient for admission and answer questions. Tours can be arranged at this time, as well.
It is important that you give us accurate and complete information about your health. This includes present healthy status, past illness, hospitalizations, medications and other matters related to your health.
Who We Treat
Our facility is licensed under Medicare as a long-term acute care hospital, providing care for critically ill and medically complex patients who require a longer acute care stay than a traditional hospital. There are several criteria patients must meet for admission eligibility.
- Require acute care services as determined by a physician assessment
- Cannot be treated effectively at a lower level of care
- Have multiple acute complexities that require daily intervention by a physician
Patients requiring the following medical services may also eligible for admission:
- Mechanical ventilation for respiratory failure
- Pulmonary hygiene
- Tracheotomy with respiratory insufficiency
- Exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- IV and oral anticoagulation/therapeutic INR (international normalized ratio)
- Post cardiac surgery with acute care needs
- External wound infection management
- Stage III or IV decubitus ulcer care
- Complex medical conditions
- High-level orthopedic conditions
- Pre- and post-organ transplant care
- Low-tolerance rehabilitation
ContinueCARE Hospital at Medical Center does not have designated parking on the hospital campus. Handicap parking is avaliable near both the main entrance and the entrance nearest to the on-site emergency room; both entraces are open 24 hours a day
Each patient is assigned a Case Manager on admission. The Case Manager reviews admissions according to criteria, maintains communication with physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding individual patients to meet treatment goals. The Case Manager is also responsible for discharge planning and other interventions that lead to accomplishing goals in the patient’s care plan.
We work with a group of dedicated physicians who manage the medical needs of patients admitted to our hospital. They may also help to explain a medical procedure, update the family on their loved one’s condition or plan appropriate care after discharge. Once a patient is discharged from our hospital, any follow-up appointments should be made with the patient’s primary care physician.
Patient Care Conference
Due to COVID-19 precautions, this conference is currently being held virtually. We are actively working toward reconvening in-person conferences. If you would like to schedule an in-person meeting with your loved one’s treatment team, please contact the case manager at (432) 640-4384.
Meetings are held weekly.
Attendees: Case Management, Hospitalist, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Speech Therapy, Dietician, Pharmacy
Learn About Our Services
Quality Care for the Critically Ill
Our hospital provides long term acute care for patients who require a long-term hospital stay. Many patients require an intensive level of care.
The ContinueCARE Difference
ContinueCARE Hospital at Medical Center offers several unique benefits for patients and family members:
- We provide care with an interdisciplinary approach with a care team of specialists working together for optimal patient outcomes.
- Each patient has an individualized care plan based on their needs and preferences
- We encourage family and/or caregiver participation and keep loved ones informed every step of the way