Non COVID Patients
- One visitor at a time (must be over the age of 18) with a limit of one visitor per day
- Visitors must stay in patient room
- No overnight visitors are allowed
- Comfort Care/End of Life/Hospice: up to 5 visitors at a time with approval from administration
- Visitors are allowed to switch out once per day
- Must wear appropriate PPE and check in at the nurses’ station prior to entering patient room
- One visitor per patient per day that is pre-arranged with nursing staff
- Visiting hours are between 1-3 p.m.
- Comfort Care/End of Life/Hospice: 2 visitors at a time
- All visitors will be screened and must pass screening prior to entering building.
- It is required that visitors wear a mask covering nose and mouth while in the building at all times.
- Visitors are only allowed in patient rooms during visitation
- Lobby and waiting rooms are limited to visitors accompanying a patient for a procedure
- No visitors allowed (into facility) less than 16 years old, unless approved by a director
- Any visitor with any symptoms of COVID-19 or recently exposed will not be allowed to enter the facility
- Clergy/Pastor/minister allowed to visit patients anytime
- Therapy dogs are allowed
- Volunteers 16 and up are allowed
Daily 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
COVID Patient Visiting Hours:
Daily 1-3 p.m.
Medical Center Hospital provides several parking areas for its patients, visitors and staff. There are two multi level parking garages on the MCH campus. One located on 4th and Alleghaney and the second on 5th and Washington. There is also a parking lot for patients, visitors and staff of the Cancer Center located on Washington Street, between 3rd and 4th Streets.
The turnaround driveway located in front of the main entrance and outpatient entrance has been reserved for patient pick-up and drop-off only.
All parking areas are patrolled by Medical Center Hospital security 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
ContinueCARE Hospital at Medical Center
500 W. 4th Street, 4th Floor
Odessa, TX 79761
Patient and Family Resources
Food and Vending Options
There are vending machines and a variety of other food and beverage options within walking distance or a short drive away.
Quality of Care Concerns
You may contact the Administration of ContinueCARE Hospital at any time if you have questions, concerns, or complaints by calling (432) 640-4380. Since our organization uses the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) accreditation for deemed-status, you, or your surrogate decision-maker, also have the the right to file a complaint regarding any quality of care concern or safety issue, directly to CIHQ. Click the Learn More button below or submit by mail to:
Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality
P.O. Box 3620
McKinney, TX 75070
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (512) 661-2813
We take great pride in serving the Odessa community where the sky, literally, is the only limit. It is a dynamic city that boasts fresh air, awe-inspiring sunsets and the friendliest people you’ll ever find.
Our facility is licensed under Medicare as long-term acute care hospitals, providing care for critically ill and medically complex patients who require a longer acute care stay than a traditional hospital. There are several criteria patients must meet for admission eligibility.
We offer financial assistance to patients who have an economic need and meet the qualifications of our financial assistance policy.
We understand that pricing and billing for healthcare services can be confusing, so we provide our standard price lists to help families better anticipate and understand their financial responsibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. We are licensed as a Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH). We provide acute-level, hospital care for a longer period of time than is provided at a typical hospital.
No. We are a Long Term Acute Care Hospital that specializes in medical management of the complex, critically ill patient. We do offer rehab services as needed and as tolerated for our patients, but are not licensed as an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) that provides more focused and extensive rehab services.
Choosing an LTACH
The ContinueCARE Difference
ContinueCARE Hospital at Medical Center offers several unique benefits for patients and family members:
- We provide care with an interdisciplinary approach
- Our teamof specialists works together for optimal patient outcomes
- Each patient has an individualized care plan based on their needs and preferences
- We encourage family and/or caregiver participation and keep loved ones informed every step of the way